Wednesday, March 17

Education award

Last week two girls from an Americorps program in Baltimore came to our Project CHANGE meeting to explain how to use the education award and access the money once it is received.

My award is predestined to pay off my student loans. Granted my student loans are a little higher than the amount of the award but the award will definately be a big help in getting out of debt.  However, as I sat in the classroom listening to the other Americorps members discuss all of the ways they were planning on using their award, I found myself wanting to do more.

I considered doing another year of Americorps. Because, as I mentioned, my award needs to go to my loans.

One of the Americorps members mentioned using the award to enroll in a study abraod program, which I have been interested in doing for a while.  I have also considered going back to school and getting a masters... eventually. Both of which would require a lot of money that I dont see myself having anytime soon.

So although I desperately want to move out of my parents house, start supporting myself and start a more permanent position. Americorps and or another service program seems tempting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment