Wednesday, July 14

The end is near

To be perfectly honest I have no idea where I left off on my last post. But here's a little update and if I repeat myself I am very sorry...

I had a lot of anxiety a few months ago. It was like the end of college all over again. All I could see were all of these projects I had to finish all of these things that felt like there wasn't an end to that I would have to end. And on top of all of that I had to find a new job too with brand new gigantic overwhelming projects.

About a month ago I checked my Americorps calender and saw that on July 28th I would have completed my Americorps hours. I had gone to a career counselor at Montgomery County Community College who had told me how impressed she was with all of the experience that I had right out of college and helped me reformat my resume so that prospective employers would be able to see what she saw in me. Weeks went by though and I had no interviews and only a vague hint that the organization that I was serving my Americorps term with might hire me.

So after some convincing from my parents, my boyfriend's parents, a few friends, and one of my Americorps coordinators I finally approached my boss. I told him that I was going to be done with my hours soon and asked what would happen next. For some reason I couldn't get the actual words "are you really going to hire me?" out of my mouth. I didn't have to though. He asked what my plans were, and he asked if what I was doing now, with them, was something I would like to continue. I said yes. A little while later he came back and officially offered me a position. A permanent job.

So now with a few weeks left before I complete my hours this is where I am. Needless to say since my Americorps experience is ending so will this blog.  Look for my new blog though; the name is still in progress, Metro Girl perhaps?

Stay tuned for what I hope will be an interesting account of my daily travels from one end of one metro line to the other end of another metro line.

Thank you everyone for all of your support this past year, especially to my fellow Americorps members who not only offered their support in meetings but with my blog writing too. Hopefully my new blog builds some kind of following as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment